June 30, 2008

Mid-year Review

The end of June seems like a good time for reflection on those goals so brazenly set in January. Let's see how I'm doing.

A more funky & delightful wardrobe in my closet

The winter and summer closets have been rid of all boring, synthetic, and never worn pieces of clothing. I've purchased fabric and zippers for four summer, into fall, skirts.

Be gift ready for every occasion

On this one I fail outright. I've really been gift just-in-time, or gift slightly late, or gift not even begun nearly two months later. I have thought of the ideal Christmas gift for all family and friends though. It even relates to my goal of being more green. Do I get any points for that?

Learn to crochet

You've seen proof of my progress on this goal. I am in no manner proficient but I've made a good start. The next step of this goal is to branch out beyond the single crochet.

Tackle a quilt project

You've also seen proof that this goal has been complete. I'm so pleased I'm even contemplating exceeding this goal.

Write regularly

What do you think, readers? How am I doing on this one?

Take more weekend trips

This goal needs work. I did attempt a weekend day trip but Mother Nature thwarted my plans. This goal should be easier. It only requires having fun.

Be more green

I'm doing great on this one. I am happy to say that not a single plastic shopping bag has been brought home this year. Some cashiers do look at me strangely when I tell them I brought my own bags. These particular cashiers also think that means I am going to bag my own purchases, but I digress. I have also switched to phosphate free laundry and dishwasher detergent. At work I use my fashionable tea cup rather than the disposable paper cups provided.

All in all I'd say it has been a successful six months. More progress to be made but where would I be without a goal?

1 comment:

sheepish one said...

you totally deserve a pat on the back.
i especially love your funky and delightful wardrobe successes.